Welcome to the Teacher Training Day – Jazz Edition!
Once upon a time the job of a piano teacher was a relatively easy one as educators navigated their way through the familiar classical and well-established musical genres with confidence and ease. But in recent years the situation has changed dramatically as students are no longer content with the traditional choices and are asking to play Jazz and learn improvisation whilst, at the same time, remaining with the same teacher. The truth is, though, that too many of us just don’t know how to handle these demands. For her second Teacher Training Day Jazz Edition, we have assembled a strong team of specialists and they’re incredible:
- Mark Armstrong – ABRSM Jazz Moderator and Artistic Director of NYJO
- John Human – Trinity London College examiner, concert pianist and educator
- Tom Donald – Principal of the London Contemporary School of Piano, Classical and Jazz Pianist and composer of six award winning films
- Tania Kozlova, Professor of Piano at the Israel Music Conservatory, Tel Aviv
- Elena Cobb, Educator and Composer
The day will allow you to benefit from their vast knowledge and secrets and it will help raise your confidence to a new level and kick start the possibility of exploring the world of Jazz and improvisation in your otherwise classically focused piano lessons. The day will include workshops, masterclasses, student recitals and private lessons and will take place at Peregrine’s Pianos in 137a Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8TU, on Thursday, 29 August 2019 between 10am and 5pm. On this page, you will find full information about the event or you can just go ahead and book your place now!